Allied Counties Youth Football League Uncategorised Subsidiary Cup & Plate Finals – Reports

Subsidiary Cup & Plate Finals – Reports

The finals of the Subsidary Cup and Plate competitions took place today at Ascot United.

300 supporers throughout the day enjoyed two great games of football in glorious sunshine.

Chalfont St Peter took on Alton in the Plate followed by Didcot Town and Aldershot Town in the Cup.


Subsidiary Plate

Both sides atarted brightly and enjoyed early chances.

Alton’s Andrew Coulson struck from distance with his effort going just over which was closely followed by Chalfont;s Matthew Greenland being denied by Chris Roper.

Chalfont managed to take the lead late in the half when the Alton defece failed to get the ball clear allowing Patrick Coyle to shoot low past Roper.

The lead was doubled in first half injury time when Archie Goodliff found himself in space to fire the ball in to the net.

Chalfont continued to dominate into the second half and put the result beyond Alton when substitute Akram El Mouak struck from 20 yards to beat Roper and secure the win.

Chalfont St Peter
1. Ben Parslow
2. Nathan Marshall
3. Max Dooley
4. Sean McGuiness
5. Archie Goodliff (C)
6. Toby Collins
7. Marius Brellier
8. Patrick Coyle
9. Matthew Greenland
10. Nrip Lama
11. Max McGarvie

12. Akram El Mouak
14. Oliver Evans
15. Alexander Lee
16. Dominic Wain
17. Cameron Quinn
1. Chris Roper
2. Andrew Coulson
3. Joseph Finden
4. Toby Fuller (C
5. Charles Juncker)
6. Myles Hawkins
7. Fred Kavanagh
8. Carrick Binfield
9. Oliver Billington
10. Sam Bridger
11. Max Anderson

12. Jake Lowry
14. Jack Howard
15. Oliver Knight
17. Charles Griffiths
18. Archie Othen



Subsidiary Cup

The match was barely 29 seconds old when Aldershot raced out of the blocks and took the lead.

Lewis Horn-Haynes burst through to slot past Timmy Mungall to give Aldershot the drean start.

The scores were almost level again straight away bur Harvey Keogh managed to keep out Tyler Webbs effort.

Mungall was also on hand at the other end to keep the socre at 1-0 when he did well to keep out Lucias Vine.

There was nothing that Mungall could do when Aldershot doubled their lead on 20 minutes when Horn-Haynes cross caused confussion allowing Maxwell Mullins an easy finish.

Dexter Garrett headed in Woody Angell’s cornner on 29 minutes as Aldershot made it 3-0 and threatened to run away with the match.

Didcot had other ideas and soon reduced the deficit when Tyler Webb struck from the edge of the box giving Harvey Keogh no chance of keeping the ball out.

The deficit dcreased even further when Freddie Kennedy took the ball off of Keogh to tap in.

The scores were levelled on the stroke of half time when Connor Barrett rifled an effort in from 30 yards.

After all the action in the first half it took time for the chances to start coming in the second.

Mungall again did well to keep out Horn-Haynes effort as Didcot look to hold on.

For all of Didcot’s efforts they couldn’t keep Aldershot out and they re-took the lead on 78 minutes when Horn-Haynes turned in Vine’s cross.

The result was confirmed in injury time when Aldershot broke from a Didcot corner which allowed Vine to run through to secure the win.

Didcot Town
Aldershot Town
13. Timmy Mungall
27. Casey Groves
33. Finley Baker
4. Samuel Gillet
5. Taylor Bedwell (C)
38. Connor Barrett
30. Freddie Kennedy
8. Joshua Grant
9. Harry Evans
15. Tyler Webb
49. Joshua Hedges

12. Auzzie Pervaiz
10. Casey Highmoor
20. Charlie Clarkson
25. Kieran Day
7. Harlen Moses-Smith
1. Harvey Keogh
2. Jameel Murshid
3. Thomas Barrell
4. Woody Angell (C)
5. Finley Hayman
6. Dexter Garrett
7. Lewis Horn-Haynes
8. Thomas Sutcliffe
9. Lucias Vine
10. Stephan Moreira
11. Maxwell Mullins

12. Marty Gage
13. Stephen Douglas
14. George Milner-Smith
15. Mackenzie Toms
16. Joshua Chetwynd

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Post